Donate: Help Survivors of Gun Violence
Donating online is easy. But if you prefer to mail a
donation, you can do so by mailing your check to:
7900 East Union Ave #1100
Denver, CO 80237
Survivors Empowered is an organization founded by Sandy and Lonnie Phillips after the slaughter of their daughter, Jessica Redfield Ghawi and eleven others, in the Aurora Colorado Theater Mass Shooting of 2012. Their original non-profit, Jessi’s Message, has grown into Survivors Empowered, a national organization created...
By Survivors, For Survivors, Empowering Survivors.
- We provide support and referrals for services to survivors of violence, and connect you to a support network of other survivors in your area.
- We educate survivors how to tell their stories in a compelling way to speak to the issue of violence in their communities.
- Our Oral History Film project allows wounded gun violence survivors to archive their stories for research purposes.
- Our Rapid Response Team is made up of veteran survivors of violence that have walked the walk. After a mass casualty event, local governments and law enforcement are overwhelmed. Victims are in total shock or fighting for their lives. No one understands what the victims need better than those of us who have gone through it.
- In association with Giffords, we have created a Toolkit for Survivors of gun violence
Click Here for our Contact Form
If you would like to become more informed and involved in the Gun Violence Prevention Movement, fill out our contact form.